Could I interest you in a little basketball tonight? The Utah Flash host former coach Brad Jones and the Austin Toros in their home opener at the UCCU Center on the campus of Utah Valley University at 7pm followed by the Jazz hosting the Dallas Mavericks at the ESA for the late ESPN game at 8:30.
If you can’t make it to the arena, the Flash game is available via Futurecast. Follow the Jazz game on the ESPN Daily Dime Live chat.
Jazz vs Mavs
Notes from the Elias Sports Bureau:
- The Mavericks and Jazz have each won their last seven games. The Mavs snapped an eight-game winning streak by the Hornets (to begin the season) on November 15 and they ended a 12-game winning streak by the Spurs on Friday (November 26). The Mavericks have never snapped three different winning streaks of seven or more games in the same season. The last teams to do so were the Hawks, Pistons and Lakers, all during the 2008–09 season.
- The Jazz lost the only previous game this season in which they faced a team on a winning streak of seven or more games. Utah’s most recent loss was at home against the Spurs on November 19, when San Antonio extended its winning streak to nine games (the streak that was eventually snapped by a loss to Dallas). But during Jerry Sloan’s tenure as Utah’s head coach, the Jazz have beaten 24 teams that were on were on winning streaks of at least seven games. That ties the Spurs for the most such wins for any NBA team over that span (since Dec. 9, 1988).
- Utah was 13–3 in of November. It was the sixth calendar month in franchise history in which the Jazz posted a record at least ten games over the .500 mark. The others were January ’95 (14–1), March ’97 (14–1), March ’98 (15–2), April ’99 (15–4) & March 2000 (14–2).
- Utah has been credited with assists on 64.6 percent of its field goals this season. It’s the second-highest percentage for any NBA team, behind the Celtics (67.0%). NBA average: 57.4 percent.
- Raja Bell, Al Jefferson, Andrei Kirilenko, Paul Millsap and Deron Williams have played more minutes together on the court this season than any five-man unit in the NBA with the exception of the Lakers’ Ron Artest, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom.
- Deron Williams’s career 19.2 points-per-game scoring average against the Mavericks is his highest against any team.
June 30th, 2016
NBA free agency is already heating up, and we haven’t even reached the witching hour. Teams supposedly have to wait until...Read More
June 29th, 2016
With hours to go before the NBA’s free agency period begins late tomorrow evening, the Utah Jazz certainly have their...Read More
December 7th, 2015
Every professional sports team has injuries during a season, it’s inevitable. Unfortunately, the best players on each team have...Read More
October 5th, 2015
It’s been said ad nauseam: the Western Conference is wild. Teams at the top are oftentimes separated from the teams as the...Read More