So that’s what it feels like to watch one of the all-time great regular season games. Both Deron Williams and Kevin Durant put on a show that will have people buzzing for years. Deron put up 42 points and 10 assists while making defenders look silly at every turn. Meanwhile, Kevin Durant was sensational just being Kevin Durant and hitting huge shot after silky, huge shot on his way to 45. If he isn’t accosted on that last play, is there any chance he doesn’t hit that shot? None.
I could really watch Williams and Durant trade baskets every day for the rest of my life. Let’s lock up the Thunder and just play again tomorrow.
Unfortunately, that last play is what had everybody talking. It’s a shame it came down to that, because the rest of the game was so spectacular. After the game, the Twitterverse was alive with all kinds of talk about the conspicuous no-call. The great m. haubs summed up perfectly the nonsensical conspiracy theories about preferential treatment for the Jazz in SLC:
Oklahoma City: K. Durant 45 Pts, 7 Reb, 4 Ast, 2 Stl, 2 Blk
Utah: D. Williams 42 Pts, 3 Reb, 10 Ast
- ESPN Recap
- Royce Young at Daily Thunder with a great write-up of the game, including a prediction that the Jazz and Thunder are going to become fierce rivals. After tonight’s game and considering what BYU did to Sam Bradford, there doesn’t appear to be any love lost for the state of Utah from Thunder fans. My thoughts: If it means more KD, I’m all for it.
- Wesley Matthews on having to guard Kobe and then KD in back-to-back games: “I love it. Love it. Greatest job in the world.”
- Here’s a link to the New Years Eve game between these two teams — the karmic forerunner to tonight’s no-call on CJ Miles. /via @slcdunk
- Apparently the hand really is part of the ball. Check out “Fouls and Penalties”, B: Personal Foul, Section 1, exception E. /thanks @KMBReferee
- Utah Flash coach Brad Jones was in attendance the night before his team kicks off the D-League playoffs at home against the Iowa Energy. His plan for Wednesday’s game? “Hopefully come away with a win as exciting as this one tonight.” Even though the Flash are the 7 seed, the Energy will be without call-ups Othyus Jeffers (Jazz), Cartier Martin (Wizards), and Earl Barron (Knicks).
- D’Angelo Simmons didn’t have much to say about the movie about Paul Millsap that is apparently in the works. He did say that John Millsap is playing in Puerto Rico after a successful turn in a league in Mexico. Other brother and UAB star Elijah Millsap is planning to declare for the NBA draft after leading his team to the quarterfinals of the NIT tournament, including a 27 point, 15 rebound game against NC State.
August 28th, 2015
1. On a scale of 1 – 10 (1 being absolutely no agreement and 10 being complete agreement), how closely do you agree with...Read More
August 28th, 2015
Q: Which player will snap during a game this year and commit a flagrant foul against Hayward a la Aaron Afflalo and Delonte West?...Read More
August 26th, 2015
It is always nice to check in on former Utah Jazzmen. Many of them have been headliners this offseason, with several earning very...Read More
August 25th, 2015
In many ways, analyzing Tibor Pleiss as a fit with the Utah Jazz is a tale of two players. One on side of the ledger is a backup...Read More