|Paul Millsap, PF
26 MIN | 9-10 FG | 1-2 FT | 3 REB | 0 AST | 19 PTS | +9
Hit nearly every shot he put up and wreaked havoc. 12 points in the first quarter, but fouled out with more than six minutes left in the game, contributing to the Cavs shooting nine million free throws. 43, actually, to 28 for the Jazz.
|Gordon Hayward, SG
28 MIN | 1-5 FG | 3-4 FT | 2 REB | 8 AST | 5 PTS | +6
Career high in assists.
|Al Jefferson, C
37 MIN | 13-17 FG | 4-6 FT | 12 REB | 3 AST | 30 PTS | +6
22 of his 30 points came in the second half. Put on a nice performance all the way around, picking up the double-double.
|Raja Bell, SG
18 MIN | 3-5 FG | 0-0 FT | 1 REB | 0 AST | 6 PTS | -3
Nice to see Bell breaking out of his slump. Congratulations to Raja and Cindi on the arrival of their third son today. Gets a B for “new baby.”
|Devin Harris, PG
33 MIN | 2-9 FG | 1-3 FT | 3 REB | 4 AST | 6 PTS | +8
Not a great night for Harris, but hit a nice 3-point shot to salvage the evening.
|Josh Howard, SF
26 MIN | 6-9 FG | 5-6 FT | 4 REB | 3 AST | 17 PTS | +1
Haphazard elegance. Sheer beauty. A+ for overall contribution, but an F- for his dribbling exhibition.
|Derrick Favors, FC
22 MIN | 5-6 FG | 4-6 FT | 5 REB | 0 AST | 14 PTS | -1
Showed off a nice step-back jumper from the baseline and gave another glimpse at his potential with a one-step near-dunk after grabbing an offensive rebound outside the paint.
Five Things We Saw
- Jazz shot a season high 61.5% in first half, best in any half this season (was 54.1 in 1st vs. Memphis on 1/6). They finished at 59.2%. Without poor shooting from Harris, Miles, and Hayward the team might have actually shot more than 100% from the field.* [*Mathematically impossible, but it seemed like everything was going in.]
- Devin Harris’s fast break to Hayward with the touch pass to Raja Bell was a thing of beauty.
- Gordon Hayward’s eight assists were a career high. His father will be attending tomorrow’s game against the Lakers, so let him know on Twitter how G-Time should cut his hair.
- Jefferson scored a season-high 30 points and even attempted to dunk a few times, something we’ve rarely seen in the past.
- Jazz bear dropped a cake from the top deck on the head of a girl below. If it was a stunt, it was very well played.